October 2024

Forums Monthly Challenges October 2024

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Silks Stars Team

Standing Slack Knee Drop into S-wrap Back Dive and Standing Tail Pick Up Into S-wrap Pop Through (Mini Rig). Post your questions, comments and work below!

airgymnastlili
        Participant

Hello. Any tips for wrapping the tail smoothly over our foot in the very first part?

Thank you 😊

Silks Stars Team

From @ncupps
            1. Knee Slide: I think I am keeping my leg straight, but it is still getting caught on my knee. Maybe my calves/thighs are too wide for the slide? What am I doing wrong?
            https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/um0twoc31vxmms3al4c4c/Video-Oct-05-2024-4-11-15-PM.mov?rlkey=dzh54wf4gmqq2qtm4runkccue&st=t9s2suq1&dl=0
            2. Back Dive: The first time was okay, but the second time I almost feel out of it. I am struggling with “what is my body supposed to be doing here since the drop is a bit odd?” and “what are my arms supposed to be doing here? Stay in “T” shape?
            https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zmaokkin8fovlmuwb5pk0/Video-Oct-05-2024-4-06-04-PM.mov?rlkey=cfg6k4vj2pbrfqnuxvab139td&st=itufstkq&dl=0
            https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/hfd9eqf88y7tdetgaabsp/Video-Oct-05-2024-4-02-36-PM.mov?rlkey=laeteloch54ow5a1ono7mgqdv&st=s0kuyfxo&dl=0

Silks Stars Team

Good questions! Added to the Q&A!
              For now:
              1. The hand on the tail also has a role in how the wrap tightens around the leg, from your video, it doesn’t seem to be getting caught but instead tightened before it moves up the leg. Sarah stays really upright until the wrap moves where she wants it
              2. The walk out Sarah offers is a great way to understand what rotation is needed. Keep the core engaged so the legs do not drop making the chest lift before the rotation and yes, “T”ed arms are less likely to pass through the narrow space of the poles. Widen your body at the shoulders to stop passing the poles like you would use a straddle to keep the hips from passing through the poles.
              Happy training!

Janice
              Participant

https://www.silksstars.com/community/janice/media/5015/

Hi. Thanks a lot for this beautiful sequence. Sarah made it look too easy …… but it is actually challenging. See my video with the drop attempt. I did not pike, but my left leg hit the pole as I was dropping, which caused my rotation to stop while in the upside-down position. It was scary as it ended in an open drop position. Tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Janice.
                • This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Janice.
                  Silks Stars Team

Hey Janice. So glad you are ok. Added to the list for the Q&A.

Jill.b.lovin.aerial
                  Participant

I also am having trouble with the wrap catching on my knee. I’m not sure I understand what you mean with “the hand has a role”. I have been trying to drop my left hand to give more slack hoping it will pop over my knee, but I notice Sarah actually pulls her hand up. I tried that too. Still catching… 🎂

Jill.b.lovin.aerial
                    Participant

Don’t know why that posted with a cake! 😂

Silks Stars Team

Love the cake!
                          Getting the wrap the slide to the knee is definitely on the list. Hopefully Sarah has some words of wisdom.

Jill.b.lovin.aerial
                        Participant

Is it possible to get a conversation started for the partner challenge? I’m having no luck finding an Orlando person.
                          Thanks!

ncupps
                            Participant

I second this recommendation. No one in DFW either (or they are not updating their location). Open to people “traveling through” the area as well.

Silks Stars Team

Yes!

Silks Stars Team

Ask and you shall receive!

Duo Meet Up Challenge

This thread is under the General tab on the forum page.
                                  Happy hunting!

ncupps
                                Participant

(Hoping this message posts!)

If it’s possible, I think I’m getting worse on the back dive to backpack thing. I tried the mini rig version, as suggested, which I get, but adding that back dive on (for some reason) really confuses me. I’m like a busted up pinball.

Also, the straddle invert is lopsided. I know you mentioned it would be loose, but the right side is extra tight on the straddle to sit whereas the left side sometimes has a large loop.
                                  https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/8d6y4z6jof5fzfdp29kbm/Video-Oct-13-2024-5-24-26-PM.mov?rlkey=iayg6502fs14vrwak3a9zifjm&st=ur3ouhdb&dl=0

Silks Stars Team

Success! Will add to the list, thank you for the videos.

aerial.borealis
                                    Participant

I’m struggling most with the very beginning, shoulder mobility do swim through. When I try to bend forward to get upper body through, I end up sliding down, really struggling to keep pressure on my feet. Super frustrating, as I’m good to go once I get into a S-wrap. ☹️. Any suggestions? https://photos.app.goo.gl/2pgY7TNX9QfCBN2f6 (Apologies for the view, I rotated).

aerial.borealis
                                        Participant

I finally put some spray rosin on my foot- I’m training in a really cold garage, it’s super slick. That helped! Going back to some shoulder mobility floor workouts, too. Still would love tips, tho!

ncupps
                                        Participant

(Hope this message posts too)

If you want a visual, this is what happens in the “straddle to sit” for the drop.
                                          https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/q6mkw3tqtrkt2m37cem6w/Video-Oct-14-2024-7-43-21-PM.mov?rlkey=ik71ylm0bv8vw92gqx6e5ecjq&st=j8zcce6y&dl=0

It’s like the “tight” leg gets stuck and has to bend and the looser leg has a small loop that needs to be pulled out before the drop.

Jill.b.lovin.aerial
                                          Participant

Thanks Silks Stars Team for the Duo thread! Headed there now! 😁🤞🏼

robpippi
                                            Participant

Hi! I need your advice. I uploaded the video of the last attempt of the drop. this never happened to me before, but two days ago I slipped out of the thread with my left arm. Did you see what I’ve done wrong? I have maybe to guide the first part of the back dive more horizontal, helping me in the movement with my arms on the poles?
                                              Thank you in advance

https://www.silksstars.com/community/robpippi/media/5017/

• This reply was modified 4 days, 7 hours ago by robpippi.
                                              • This reply was modified 4 days, 7 hours ago by robpippi.
                                                Silks Stars Team

Hey Roberta! It looks like the legs piked too far before the upper body was able to rotate enough for the arms to catch. Keeping the body tight and wide straddle, hips long in the front, and wide arms to slow down the rotation so the half turn can happen. If the legs pike hard, it brings up the upper body upright too soon for this catch.
                                                  Hope this helps and happy training!

robpippi
                                                  Participant

thank you! i will pay attention when I will restart the training. unfortunately the drop have bruised my armpit so bad…
                                                    thx!

Viewing 12 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.